Monday, May 9, 2016

Mandala Art

For my first post, I'm sharing an art project that I'm working on. We had 3 canvases upstairs, so my mom gave us (my 2 sisters and me) each one, to do whatever we want with. I chose to cover it with mandalas. Here's how I did it:

Supplies:
- Blank canvas
- Compass
- Fine point Sharpie
- Ultra fine point Sharpie
- Pencil

This is how I started.

I use my compass to draw the circles that will be the outline for my mandalas.
Then I started filling in patterns and inking.



Here's some more progress.


I fill up space in between big mandalas with small mandalas and little dots.


Here's the finished project:


I had a lot of fun making this. I finished this over the weekend, so around 3 days total. It was nice and relaxing to just sit down, maybe watch something and work on this. I hope you guys try this out, it may be hard to figure out what to do at first, but you can always use the internet for inspiration! Bye!

<3 Sophie 




No comments:

Post a Comment